Dating, a socialization act, mainly involves learning about intimacy. It serves as an opportunity to establish a unique, meaningful relationship with a person of the opposite sex. Dating helps to develop a better understanding of each other’s attitudes and behaviors, how to get along. Dating can increase your ability to discuss and solve relational problems. And what about dating an AI ? Will you date an AI for all these ?
People fall in love without seeing each other via dating website nowadays. You fall in love with the personality but not with physical aspects. What if the person behind the chat, in dating website, is an AI ? Have you ever imagined about it ?
In the book ,“Love + Sex with Robots”, Daniel Levy predicts that, by 2050, many marriages between humans and robots will be celebrated! Some people might say that falling in love with a robot is not a possibility because there is no genetic compatibility between robots and humans. Is giving birth to babies ultimate goal of dating ?
Will you be open to dating an AI Robot ? But that doesn’t mean the relationship has to be a romantic one. It is emotion that makes people fall in love. It is possible to make robot fall in love if we develop a system having emotional intelligence. It is still difficult but not impossible.
Steven de Rooij has a view on relationship about AI. He said ” I would have to become convinced that the robot and I are sufficiently compatible to make such a relationship worth investing in.”
- Am I convinced their feelings are authentic? Or do I keep getting visions of some cynical engineer deliberately programming in some soft skills?
- How do they feel about their own robotness? I’m sure it must be existentially unsettling to be made by humans. What does that say about their meaning of life? How does she feel about that?
- Are they a person? Could they dump me if I turned out not to be compatible with them? Or if they are compatible with everybody, what does that mean about their personality? How can I trust that?
- If I am with them, do I feel alone?
- Do they feel right when we have sex?
- What do they deeply care about?
Match.com has launched Lara as the “first dating bot” for Facebook Messenger in the UK to help single people find love using artificial intelligence. Lara knows how nerve-racking a first date can be! To help you get over those first date nerves, she comes armed with a range of dating advice – all gleaned from Match’s 23 years of experience.
Question is how long its going to take to build an AI with whom we can date with the same natural bond we feel with humans.